Set up Exchange 2010 Email Account in Outlook 2011 for Mac
You can connect to your Microsoft Exchange email account Microsoft Outlook 2011 for Mac by using only your email address and password.
Set up Outlook 2011 for Mac
- Open Outlook. On the Tools menu, click Accounts. If this is the first account you're creating in Outlook 2011, under Add an Account, click Exchange Account.
If you've previously created an email account for a different email address, in the lower corner of the Accounts dialog box, click "New", and then click Exchange.
- On the Enter your Exchange account information page, type your email address.
- Under Authentication, make sure User Name and Password is selected.
- In the User name box, type your complete email address. In the Password box, type your password.
- Make sure Configure automatically is selected, and then click Add Account.
- After you click Add Account, Outlook will perform an online search to find your email server settings. In the dialog box that asks if you want to allow the server to configure your settings, select the Always use my response for this server check box, and then click Allow.
Note: If Outlook was not able to automatically find the Exchange server, type in the Server box: owa2010.exchangecentral.net and click Add Account again.
- If Outlook is able to set up your account, you'll see the account you set up in the Accounts dialog box. Close the Accounts dialog box.
Manage Outlook 2011 Identities (a.k.a. Profiles in Outlook for PC)
If you use Outlook in more than one capacity, such as for your personal life and for work, Outlook can be set up to handle these different capacities by using identities. An identity is associated with and stores a set of e-mail messages, contacts, tasks, calendars, account settings, Scrapbook clips, and more.
To manage identities, you must use the Microsoft Database Utility, which is installed as part of your Office installation. With this utility, you perform tasks such as creating a new identity, setting the default identity, and rebuilding an identity. When you open an Office application, it always uses the default identity.
In order to create a new Outlook 2011 identity, please follow the steps below:
- Open “Finder”
- Click on “Applications”
- Open the folder “Office 2011”
- Open the folder “Add-ins”
- Open the “Microsoft Database Utility”
- You can use the Plus and Minus signs at the bottom to add new or remove existing Identities for Outlook 2011.
- Once you have created the new Identity, you can set up your Exchange 2010 email account using the automatic setup.
For more information how to Manage identities see the complete article from Microsoft’s website.