Set up your OX Sync or Collaborate mailbox using ActiveSync on iOS Mobile Device (iPhone, iPad)
In this help article you will find step-by-step instructions how to set up your Open-Xchange (OX) mailbox on your iOS device using the Mail app and ActiveSync.
ActiveSync allows synchronization of Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and Reminders from the OX server to your mobile device.
Please note that only OX Sync or OX Collaborate mailboxes have ActiveSync available. OX Mail mailboxes does not support ActiveSync, but you can upgrade your mailbox in SiteControl any time.
ActiveSync configuration instructions
1. From the Home screen go to Settings and tap Mail.
2. Tap Accounts.
3. Then tap Add Account.
4. Tap Exchange.
5. On the Exchange screen, enter your email address, password and a description for your account. Then tap Next.
6. Enter the following information and tap Next.
Email: Your complete email address
Server: webmail.hostway.com (Note: NetNation customers please use webmail.netnation.com)
Domain: Leave blank
Username: Your full email address
Password: The email password you use to sign in to your account.
Description: An account description
7. The Mail app will verify if your email settings are correct. If they are incorrect, please edit them and make sure that they are properly configured.
8. On the next screen, you will be able to select which mailbox items you want to synchronize. Tap Save to finish the account setup.