In this help article you will find step-by-step instructions how to set up your Open-Xchange (OX) mailbox on your Android device using the Gmail app and ActiveSync.
ActiveSync allows synchronization of Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and Reminders from the OX server to your mobile device.
Please note that only OX Sync or OX Collaborate mailboxes have ActiveSync available. OX Mail mailboxes does not support ActiveSync, but you can upgrade your mailbox in SiteControl any time.
ActiveSync configuration instructions
1. Open the Settings app on your device. Find the section for Accounts and tap on it.
2. Then tap Add Account.
3. Tap Exchange.
4. On the Add your email address screen, enter your email address and tap Next.
5. On the next screen, enter your password and tap Next.
6. On the Incoming server settings screen, enter the following information. Then tap Next.
Domain\Username: Your full email address
Password: The email password you use to sign in to your account.
Server: webmail.hostway.com (Note: NetNation customers please use webmail.netnation.com)
Security Type: SSL/TLS
7. The Gmail app will verify if your incoming server settings are correct. If they are incorrect, please edit them and make sure that they are properly configured.
8. After a successful account creation, configure the Account name that will be displayed on sent messages. Tap Next to finish the account setup.