How to access and use cPanel File Manager
How to login.
- In order to access each domain name’s cPanel you should login to WHM (Web Host Manager) or directly access cPanel for the specific domain at https://yourIPaddress:2083/ We are going to provide the steps via WHM.
Navigate to your browser and type https://yourIPaddress:2087/ and enter your credentials.
- Once you login, at the upper left corner in the search bar type List Accounts.
Once you load the page click on the cP icon next to the website/domain you wish to edit in its own cPanel. This will redirect you and log you in directly.
- Then and the main page you will see FileManager
- Once you access it you should see something like the example below.
The public_html folder is the one that publishes your website. You have dozen of options in the File Manager, depending on what kind of file or directory is marked.
- Basics of the options
- + File and + Folder therefore are for creating a new file or directory;
- Copy and Move are for copying or moving a file/folder to a different directory;
- Download is for downloading a file or folder on your local PC;
- Delete to delete file/folder;
- Rename is for renaming the file/folder;
- Edit is for editing the file itself, which will redirect to a new page where you can write and save changes;
- HTML Editor is for editing HTML files and again the option opens a new page;
- Permissions will help you change the permissions of a certain file or folder – Read/Write/Execute.
- View – preview file.
- Compress allows you to create a Zip file of for example larger file/folder and it will be much faster if you wish to download it.