How to install SSL certificate for a domain in Plesk
There are two methods to install SSL via Plesk. You can install it either under the domain subscription or for all subscriptions per IP address under main server settings. In case you are going to install an SSL certificate that has one or a couple names under it, we recommend you to install it under the domain’s subscription. In case you use a multi name’s SSL you can install it under main server settings.
- Log into Plesk
- Click on Subscriptions > desired Domain name > SSL/TLS Certificates and click on Add SSL/TLS Certificate.
- Enter the information needed to generate the CSR form. Once done click on Request. This will generate a CSR – Private Key pair.
- Provide us with the CSR so we can purchase the SSL.
- Once you receive the SSL certificate, you need to open the SSL/TLS Certificates section and paste the SSL certificate with its Intermediate certificate in the specified fields below and click Upload certificate.
- Click on Subscriptions > actual Domain name and click on Hosting Settings.
- Under Security, select the checkbox for SSL/TLS support and under Certificate select from the drop down menu the SSL name.