Updating Windows with a Version Specific Spectre/Meltdown Patch
1) Log in to your Windows machine, right click on 'My Computer' or 'This PC', and select 'Properties'
2) Under ‘Windows Edition’, make note of the Version and R# (if provided)
3) Navigate to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4073757/protect-your-windows-devices-against-spectre-meltdown , scroll down to the Windows Operating System Schedule, and select the appropriate update for your device.
4) Once the page loads, scroll down to ‘How to get this Update’ and click ‘Microsoft Update Catalog’.
5) Click ‘Download’ next to the correct ‘Delta’ update package, there should be one for x86, x64 and ARM64 based systems.
6) Once the download is complete, launch it, and wait for the installer to complete. You will need to give your approval before the patch begins.
7) Once the patch is complete, reboot your device.
If you have any questions about the steps listed above, you may reach out to our support team. We are available 24/7/365.