How to Move a WordPress Site to Plesk
Back Up Current WordPress Site
1. Log in to your current WordPress site.
2. Click “Tools” and click “Export” from the menu.
3. Select the “All Content” option, then click “Download Export File.” This will create a backup file of all of your posts, pages and comments and allow you to save this content to your computer.
Install New WordPress Site on Plesk
1. Log in to your Plesk dashboard and navigate to the “Applications” tab.
2. Click “Install” next to the “WordPress” application and agree to the application license.
3. Select your domain from the drop-down menu, then type the name of the installation folder in the following text box.
4. Type your preferred administrator email and password in the “Settings” text boxes.
5. Click “Install” to install the WordPress site on Plesk.
Import WordPress Content
1. Click the “Administrative Interface” link provided after installation. Bookmark this page so you can return to log in at any time.
2. Type “admin” as the administrator username and the administrator password you chose earlier to log in to your new WordPress. You can change your username from the user settings later.
3. Click “Tools” and click “Import” to navigate to the import page.
4. Click “WordPress” from the list of platforms. WordPress will prompt you to install an import plug-in.
5. Click the “Install Now” button to automatically download and install the plug-in, then click “Activate Plugin & Run Importer.”
6. Click “Choose File” to browse your computer for the file that you exported from your previous WordPress site. Double-click the file to load it.
7. Click “Upload File and Import” to move all of your previous content to your new WordPress install on the Plesk platform.