Login to Joomla admin panel.
Go to the tab ‘Content’.
- Click the option ‘Categories’.
- Click the button ‘New’.
- Enter your Subject, Alias (if you do not want it auto-generated), and fill in the Body of the Category page.
- If you want this category to be within another category, choose the category from the Parent field.
- I recommend clicking the Publishing tab, and filling in the Meta Description, and Meta Ketwords.
- Click the Save & Close button to create the new Category. You will then see a message stating "Category successfully saved," and you will see your new Category listed.
- Click the button ‘Save’.