FTP Settings in Joomla
1. Log into Joomla Dashboard.
2. Select "System" >> "Global Configuration" >> "Server"
3. Scroll down to the FTP Settings section and enter the details for your new FTP account:
- Enable FTP - Yes
- FTP Host - The host for the FTP service. Set this to localhost
- FTP Port - The port on which the connection will be established (21)
- FTP Username - The username of your FTP account
- FTP Password - The password for your FTP account
- FTP Root - This field requires the location of your Joomla website. Since we have already created the FTP account to enter directly the Joomla directory, it means that you can enter a / (slash) in this field only
4. Click on the Save & Close button