How to create an RDS DB Instance on AWS
In order to create an Amazon RDS MySQL DB instance to maintain the data used by a web application, please follow the steps bellow:
- Sign in to the AWS Management Console and open the Amazon RDS console and from the top-right corner of the AWS Management Console, choose the region in which you want to create the DB instance.
- Select Instances and choose Launch DB instance
- On the Select engine page, choose MySQL, then click Next.
- Select the MySQL RDS type on the next screen and again click Next.
- Fill up the RDS details on the Specify DB details page – including DB instance class, Multi-AZ deployment, Storage type, Allocated storage, database identifier, username and password.
- On the Configure advanced settings page complete the following attributes: DB instance class, Multi-AZ deployment, Storage type, Allocated storage
- To start the DB instance click on Launch DB instance and then on the next page click on View DB instances details to view your RDS MySQL DB instance.
- Wait for the DB instance status of your new DB instance to show as available and then you can connect.