How to delete Auto Scaling group on AWS
You have two options - either to delete your scaling infrastructure or delete just your Auto Scaling group and keep your launch template to use at a later time.
To delete your Auto Scaling group
- Go to your Amazon EC2 console at https://console.aws.amazon.com/ec2/ and at the navigation pane, under Auto Scaling, choose Auto Scaling Groups.
- Choose your Auto Scaling group and select Actions, Delete. When prompted for confirmation, choose Yes, Delete.
The Name column indicates that the Auto Scaling group is being deleted. The Desired, Min, and Max columns shows 0 instances for the Auto Scaling group.
To delete your launch template
- On the navigation pane, choose Instances, Launch Templates and select your launch template.
- Select Actions, Delete template. When prompted for confirmation, choose Delete launch template.
To delete your launch configuration
- At the navigation pane, under Auto Scaling, choose Launch Configurations and choose your launch configuration (for example, my-first-lc).
Select Actions, Delete launch configuration. When prompted for confirmation, choose Yes, Delete.