Create a New NIC Team in Hyper-V
Create a New NIC Team
The following steps shows how to create a new NIC Team on a host computer or in a Hyper-V virtual machine (VM) that is running Windows Server 2016.
If you are creating a new NIC Team in a VM, review the topic Create New NIC Team in Hyper-V VM before you perform this procedure.
To create a new NIC Team
- In Server Manager, click Local Server.
- In the Properties pane, in the first column, locate NIC Teaming, and then click the link Disabled to the right. The NIC Teaming dialog box opens.
- In Adapters and Interfaces, select the network adapters that you want to add to a NIC Team. For example, if you want to add the adapters Ethernet 2 and Ethernet 3 to a new NIC Team, make the selection per the illustration below.
- Click TASKS, and then click Add to New Team.
- The New team dialog box opens and displays network adapters and team members. In Team name, type a name for the new NIC Team, and then click Additional properties.
- In Additional properties, select values for Teaming mode, Load balancing mode, and Standby adapter. In most cases, the highest performing load balancing mode is Dynamic.
If you are configuring a NIC Team in a virtual machine (VM), you must select a Teaming mode of Switch Independent and a Load balancing mode of Address Hash.
- If you want to configure the primary team interface name or assign a VLAN number to the NIC Team, click the link to the right of Primary team interface. The New team interface dialog box opens.
- Depending on your requirements, take one of the following actions:
- To provide a tNIC interface name, type an interface name.
- To configure VLAN membership, click Specific VLAN. Type the VLAN information in the first section of the dialog box, which is highlighted in the illustration below. For example, if you want to add this NIC Team to the accounting VLAN number 44, Type Accounting 44 - VLAN. Next, to the right of Specific VLAN, type the VLAN number that you want to use. For example, type 44.
- Click OK.