Kill Running Plesk Installer in Linux
As you probably already know, Plesk can have only one instance of the Plesk Installer running at the same time. Trying to run a second copy will cause the following error:
BUSY: Update operation was locked by another update process.
In order to be able to run again Plesk Installer you will have to kill the process of the running version first.
- Make an SSH connection to your server
- Determine Plesk Installer processes PIDs using the following command:
ps aux | grep install | grep -v grep
- Kill the processes you found using:
kill -9 “process id”
- Remove the installer lock file located here:
- Run Plesk installer again: