Add an Office 365 account to Outlook for PC
The steps in this article describe how to set up your email account using Outlook 2016 or Outlook 2013 on your PC. You can add a variety of different email accounts to Outlook including Office 365, Gmail, Yahoo, work or school accounts, and accounts through your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
Use Outlook automatic account setup for your email
In many cases, Outlook can set up your account for you with only an email address and a password.
- In Outlook, choose the File tab.
- Under Account Information, choose Add Account.
- On the Auto Account Setup page, enter your name, email address, and password, and then choose Next.
Note: If you receive an error message after choosing Next, double check your email address and password. If both are correct, see Troubleshooting Outlook email setup.
- Choose Finish.
Automatic setup didn't work
- If you're using Outlook 2016, you can't use the manual setup type for Exchange or Office 365 accounts.
- If you upgrade to Outlook 2016 from an earlier version and you receive errors about not being able to log on to or start Outlook, it's because the Exchange Autodiscover Service isn't configured or isn't working correctly. For details about how to get around this issue, see Troubleshooting Outlook email setup.
- Unfortunately, you can't use the Manual setup or additional server types option for Office 365 accounts.
Delete an email account
- On the File tab, in the right pane, choose Account Settings > Account Settings.
- In the list of email accounts, select the one you want to delete, and then choose Remove.
Need additional help?
See Automatically diagnose and fix Outlook issues.