How to apply checkpoints using Hyper V
One of the great benefits to virtualization is the ability to easily save the state of a virtual machine. In Hyper-V this is done through the use of virtual machine checkpoints. If a system change were to cause an issue, the virtual machine can be reverted to the state at which it was when then checkpoint was taken using applying checkpoints.
If you want to revert your virtual machine to a previous point-in-time, you can apply an existing checkpoint following the below steps using Hyper-V Manager:
- In Hyper-V Manager, under Virtual Machines, select the virtual machine.
- In the Checkpoints section, right-click the checkpoint that you want to use and click Apply.
- A dialog box appears with the following options:
- Create Checkpoint and Apply: Creates a new checkpoint of the virtual machine before it applies the earlier checkpoint.
- Apply: Applies only the checkpoint that you have chosen. You cannot undo this action.
- Cancel: Closes the dialog box without doing anything.